Cold Blood is a long-standing R&B horn funk band founded by Larry Field in 1968 and was originally based in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. The band has also performed and recorded under the name Lydia Pense and Cold Blood, due to the popularity of their lead singer, Lydia Pense. The band first came to prominence in 1969 when rock impresario Bill Graham signed them after an audition and they played the Fillmore West in San Francisco
Written-By – Cold Blood. Written-By – Cold Blood. Photography By, Design – Tony Lane (2). Photography By – Herb Greene. Producer – Cold Blood, Fred Catero. Recorded By, Mixed By – Fred Catero, Fred Catero. Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Danny Hull.
Sisyphus (LP, Album). San Francisco Records. Cold Blood Funky On My Back 6:57. Cold Blood - Understanding (Got To Be Good) 4:28. Cold Blood - Your Good Thing (Is About to End) (1971) 5:19. Too Many People 4:06. Cold Blood - Shop Talk 6:01.
Features Song Lyrics for Cold Blood's Cold Blood & Sisyphus album. Cold Blood - Cold Blood & Sisyphus Album Lyrics. Cold Blood Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Do you like this album?
Still, there is enough spontaneous talent and boundless enthusiasm here to show that with a few breaks and better material Cold Blood could have been contenders. As it is the band remains an interesting footnote in music history and this disc, filled with raw energy and a certain primitive idealism, hits enough right notes to be well-worth a listen.
A straight, racks reissue of Cold Blood's first two albums from 1969 and 1971 on one CD, these 13 tracks make a case for the band as one of the better "lost" groups of the late-'60s San Francisco scene
Cold Blood is a long-standing soul-rock-jazz band founded by Larry Field in 1968 and originally based in the San Francisco East Bay area. They have also performed and recorded under the name "Lydia Pense and Cold Blood", due to the popularity of their lead singer, Lydia Pense. Style:MLA Chicago APA. "Cold Blood/Sisyphus Album.
COLD BLOOD - Sisyphus. Filed under Jazz Related RnB By COLD BLOOD.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free
Written-By – B. Taylor*, D. Dallas*
|2||If You Will
Written-By – R. Matute*
|3||You Got Me Hummin'
Written-By – D. Porter, I. Hayes*
|4||I Just Want To Make Love To You
Written-By – W. Dixon*
|5||I'm A Good Woman
Written-By – B.L. Ozen*
|6||Let Me Down Easy
Written-By – J. McDougal*, W. Holloway*
|7||Watch Your Step
Written-By – B. Parker*
|9||Funky On My Back||6:52|
|10||Your Good Thing
Written-By – D. Porter, I. Hayes*
|12||I Can't Stay||4:23|
|13||Too Many People||4:05|
- Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Jerry Jonutz (tracks: 1 to 7)
- Arranged By – Cold Blood (tracks: 1 to 7), Raul Matute (tracks: 1 to 7)
- Backing Vocals – Pointer Sisters (tracks: 10)
- Bass – Rod Ellicott
- Congas, Timbales [Timbale] – Chepito Areas* (tracks: 8, 9)
- Drums – Frank J. Davis (tracks: 1 to 7)
- Drums, Vocals, Percussion – Sandy McKee (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Aulikke (Mischa) Niiyttyen* (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Flute – Danny Hull (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Guitar – Larry Field
- Liner Notes – Mark Marymont
- Organ, Piano – Raul Matute
- Percussion – Rod Ellicott (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Producer – Cold Blood (tracks: 8 to 13), David Rubinson (tracks: 1 to 7), Fred Catero (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Fred Catero (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Tenor Saxophone – Danny Hull
- Trombone – Larry Jonutz (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Trombone, Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Mic Gillette (tracks: 8 to 13)
- Trumpet – David Padron (tracks: 1 to 7), Larry Jonutz
- Trumpet [Additional] – Carl Leach (tracks: 1 to 7), Mick Gillette* (tracks: 1 to 7)
- Vocals – Lydia Pense
- Written-By – Cold Blood (tracks: 8, 9, 11 to 13)
Notes"Cold Blood" originally released in 1969 as San Francisco 200
"Sisyphus" originally released in 1971 as San Francisco 205
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 90431 68132 9