Brian Wilson is the debut studio album by Brian Wilson released in July 1988 on Sire Records. It was voted one of the best albums of 1988 by NME, and as part of its acclaim, garnered the nickname "Pet Sounds '88" among some critics. The album has since been reissued on several formats with bonus tracks, and cited by some as a standout in Wilson's solo oeuvre.
Brian Wilson and actress Elizabeth Banks attend the premiere of 'Love & Mercy' which tells how the Beach Boys singer was drugged for weeks on end and misdiagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic by a rogue psychiatrist. Wilson Brothers Boys Home Brian Wilson The Beach Boys. Wilson brothers home on 119th St in Hawthorne, CA. This is my envisioning of how their street might have looked today. The vintage photo was from the video Love and Mercy. The image on the right was taken by us in July, 2016.
Wisely, the set focuses on the Beach Boys' more obscure material (much of it dating from the 1970s), a decision that allows the performers far more latitude in imprinting their personal stamps on the songs; at the same time, with so many of the acts featured on Caroline Now! making their admiration for Brian Wilson's work thoroughly evident in.
Bobby Vee – Here Today 03. Johnny Wells – Guess I’m Dumb 04. The Tokens – Don’t Worry Baby 0.
Various - Here Today! The Songs Of Brian Wilson (2015) 01. Darian Sahanaja - Do You Have Any Regrets. mp3 02. Bobby Vee - Here Today. 02. 03. Johnny Wells - Guess I'm Dumb. 04. The Tokens - Don't Worry Baby. 05. Basil Swift & The Seegrams - Farmer's Daughter. 06. Bruce & Terry - Help Me Rhonda.
Release source: CD. Year: 2015. Discount: 20%. 00:00.
Liner Notes, Interviewer – Andrew Thomas (7). Mastered By – Nilesh Patel. CD LI 11 206. Various. Caroline Now! The Songs Of Brian Wilson And The Beach Boys (CD, Comp).
In addition to his recent album, No Pier Pressure, Brian Wilson is about to have a biopic about him released in theaters. The 12 songs below also form a vivid portrait of his life as a pop genius. Few songwriters have had a career as long and successful as Brian Wilson. Since the early ’60s, Wilson has penned some of the most iconic and influential American pop music of the past century. Although his life is marked by tragedy and trauma, his legacy runs deep in popular culture. With the upcoming release of Love And Mercy, a biopic starring Paul Dano and John Cusack as Wilson at different points in his life, and the recent release of his 11th solo album No Pier Pressure, it feels like a good time to look back at his 50-plus year career and celebrate some of his best work.
Wilson had vastly different skill sets from Lennon and McCartney. Wilson, though a very good songwriter-one of the best-was a phenomenal producer and arranger, probably the best in the business, in his early- and mid-twenties. He used the best technical talent in the . Light Album): Good Timin', Full Sail, Sumahama, Here Comes the Night, Baby Blue.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Darian Sahanaja||Do You Have Any Regrets?
Producer – WondermintsWritten-By – Brian Wilson
|2||–Bobby Vee||Here Today
Arranged By – Leon RussellProducer – Dallas SmithWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Tony Asher
|3||–Johnny Wells||Guess I'm Dumb
Producer – Mike Berry, Peter RaymondWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Russ Titelman
|4||–The Tokens||Don't Worry Baby
Arranged By, Conductor – Norm Bergen*Producer – The TokensWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Mitch Margo, Phil Margo, Hank Medress, Jay Siegel*, Roger Christian
|5||–Basil Swift & The Seegrams*||Farmer's Daughter
Arranged By, Directed By – D.A. Hutton*Producer – Nick VenetWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Mike Love
|6||–Bruce & Terry||Help Me Rhonda
Producer – Terry MelcherWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Mike Love
|7||–The Castells*||I Do
Arranged By, Producer – Brian WilsonWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Roger Christian
|8||–Jan & Dean||The New Girl In School
Producer, Arranged By – Jan BerrySupervised By – Lou AdlerWritten-By – Bob Norberg , Brian Wilson, Jan Berry, Roger Christian
|9||–Redwood||Time To Get Alone
Producer – Brian WilsonWritten-By – Brian Wilson
|10||–The Surfaris||Don't Hurt My Little Sister
Arranged By, Producer – Gary UsherWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Mike Love
|11||–The Hondells||My Buddy Seat
Directed By – Nick VenetWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Gary Usher
|12||–Rally-Packs*||Move Out, Little Mustang
Written-By – Brian Wilson, Don Altfield*, Roger Christian
|13||–Joey & The Continentals||She Rides With Me
Producer – Walt MaskyWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Roger Christian
|14||–Tony Rivers & The Castaways*||The Girl From New York City
Producer – John BurgessWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Mike Love
|15||–The Tymes||Surf City
Producer, Arranged By – Billy Jackson, Roy StraigisWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Jan Berry
|16||–The Super Stocks||My First Love
Arranged By, Conductor – Gary UsherProducer – Jim EconomidesWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Gary Usher, Roger Christian
|17||–Jay & The Americans||Things Are Changing
Producer – Phil SpectorWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Phil Spector
|18||–Keith Green||Girl Don't Tell Me
Arranged By, Producer – Gary UsherWritten-By – Brian Wilson
|19||–Peggy March||Aren't You Glad
Arranged By, Conductor – Al GorgoniProducer – Ted DaryllWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Mike Love
|20||–Betty Everett||God Only Knows
Producer – Billy Page, Gene PageWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Tony Asher
|21||–Carmen McRae||Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)
Arranged By, Conductor – Johnny Keeting*Written-By – Brian Wilson, Tony Asher
|22||–Hugo Montenegro||Good Vibrations
Producer – Joe ReismanWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Mike Love
|23||–Nick DeCaro||Caroline, No
Producer – Nick DeCaro, Tommy LiPumaWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Tony Asher
|24||–Louis Philippe With Dean Brodrick||I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
Producer, Arranged By – Dean Brodrick, Louis PhilippeWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Tony Asher
|25||–Kirsty MacColl||You Still Believe In Me
Producer – BazzaWritten-By – Brian Wilson, Tony Asher
- Record Company – Ace Records Ltd.
- Mastered At – Sound Mastering Ltd
- Designed At – 9thPlanet Design
- Record Company – Ace Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ace Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Ace Records Ltd.
- Licensed To – Ace Records Ltd.
- Licensed From – Universal Music Operations Ltd.
- Licensed From – Sony Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Licensed From – Warner Music UK Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Darian Sahanaja
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, LLC
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Def Jam Music Group
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Geffen Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Island Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MPL Music Publishing, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ABKCO Records, Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – A&M Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Louis Philippe
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Records
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – BMG Rights Management (UK) Limited
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Kassner Associated Publishers Ltd.
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music Ltd.
- Published By – Ardmore & Beechwood Ltd.
- Published By – Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd.
- Published By – Wixen Music Ltd.
- Compiled By, Liner Notes – Harvey Williams, Kingsley Abbott, Mick Patrick
- Design – Neil Dell
- Mastered By – Duncan Cowell
NotesStereo except tracks 3, 5, 7, 13-15, 17-19 Mono
This compilation ℗ and © 2015 Ace Records Ltd
Made in the EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 029667072328
- Matrix / Runout: CCDCHD1445 01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LY34
- Mould SID Code: IFPI AEW40
- Rights Society: MCPS
- Label Code: LC05982
|XXQLP 042||Various||Here Today! The Songs of Brian Wilson (12", Comp, Whi)||Ace||XXQLP 042||UK||2016|