Download now. English.
Conversations with Myself is a 1963 album by American jazz musician Bill Evans. Recording with Glenn Gould's piano, CD 318, at studio sessions on February 6 and 9, and May 20, 1963, Evans used the then controversial method of overdubbing three different yet corresponding piano tracks for each song. Evans followed Conversations with Myself with Further Conversations with Myself (1967) and New Conversations (1978), both recorded in a similar vein.
1. From A Dusty Bookshelf. 2. All That Great Heart Lying Still. The nightingale is still locked in the cage The deep breath I took still poisons my lungs An old oak sheltering me from the blue Sun bathing on its dead frozen leaves. A catnap in the ghost town of my heart She dreams of storytime and the river ghosts Of mermaids, of Whitman’s and the Ride Raving harlequins, gigantic toys. The 1st thing I ever heard was a wandering man telling his story It was you, the grass under my bare feet The campfire in the dead of the night The heavenly black of sky and sea. It was us Roaming the rainy roads, combing the gilded beaches Waking up to a new gallery of wonders every morn Bathing in places no-one’s seen before Shipwrecked on some matt-painted island Clad in nothing but the surf - beauty’s finest robe.
I hurt myself today To see if I still feel I focus on the pain The only thing that's real The needle tears a hole The old familiar sting Try to kill it all away But I remember everything. What have I become My sweetest friend? Everyone I know Goes away in the end And you could have it all My empire of dirt I will let you down I will make you hurt. I wear this crown of thorns Upon my liar's chair Full of broken thoughts I cannot repair Beneath the stains of time The feelings disappear You are someone else I am still right here.
This love is irreplaceable You are the sweetest thing That has ever happened in my life I see myself in your eyes This love is pure. You are the best gift I have ever received I will treasure you All the days of my life. Your smile tells it all I love to feel you in my arms The warmth of your body The feel your heart beat I feel secure to have you I love you my dear.
The album features plenty of the magic that each member of the band has become known for over the years. From the catchy twin-guitar attack of Jesper Strömblad &. Euge Valovirta, the soaring, soulful splendour of Jake . s unmistakable voice to the pummelling, groove-driven precision of Peter Iwers’ and Alex Landenburg’s rhythmic bedrock, every last moment crackles with the excitement of fresh territory, new challenges, and a brand new identity for all involved to embrace. Letters To Myself’ album track-listing: 01. Karma. 03. Here To Save You. 04. Muted Life. 06. Letter To Myself. 08. Holding Your Breath.
|2||Through Your Skies|
|4||I Heard Myself In You (Part 2)|
|7||Eyes All Mine|
- Pressed By – Technicolor – D9343
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Poptones Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Poptones Ltd.
- Distributed By – Shock Records Pty. Ltd.
- Distributed By – Zomba Music
- Distributed By – V2
- Distributed By – Universal
- Distributed By – Tuba
- Distributed By – Caroline España
- Distributed By – Border Music
- Distributed By – Musikvertrieb AG
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Recorded At – Beethoven St. Studios
- Mixed At – Beethoven St. Studios
- Mastered At – Sound Mastering
- Bass, Violin – Jonny Wood*
- Drums – Jonny Mathers
- Management – Mark Rogers , Tom Bridgewater
- Mastered By – Nick Robbins
- Pedal Steel Guitar – David Ogilvy* (tracks: 2, 4, 9)
- Photography By – John Zimmerman*
- Producer – January
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Mads Bjerke
- Slide Guitar, Piano, Organ [Hammond] – Sarah Peacock
- Written-By, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals – Simon McLean
NotesAll songs written 1993-2000.
Recorded and mixed august - september 2000.
Management - Tom Bridgewater & Mark Rogers at Loose.
(p)&(c) Poptones Ltd 2001
Distributed by: Australia - Shock; Austria, Belgium, Germany, Holland - Zomba Music; Greece - V2; Italy - V2/Universal; Norway - Tuba; Spain - Caroline Espana; Sweden - Border Music; Switzerland - Musikvertrieb; UK - Pinnacle.
Manufactured in England.
Released as 6-panel Digipak.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 055042 860186
- Barcode: 5055042860186
- Matrix / Runout: D9343 MC5018CD 01 1:4 Technicolor
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L126
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 2311
|TESI/518-2||January||I Heard Myself In You (CD, Album, Dig)||Trama||TESI/518-2||Brazil||2001|
|mc5018cdp||January||I Heard Myself In You (CD, Album, Promo)||Poptones||mc5018cdp||UK||2001|