Deep Politics is the sixth studio album by American experimental rock band Grails, released on Temporary Residence Limited in 2011. All songs written by Grails, except Track 2, which is written by Bruno Nicolai. Zak Riles – Twelve String Guitar. Randall Dunn - Strings.
Grails began as a post-rock unit that delivered moments of absolute beauty inside blown out; heavy rock power plays. On 2008's Doomsdayer's Holiday, the quartet began to reply more on post-production - ambient textures, lush overdubs, understated samples, and washed-out backdrops - to expand their reach. On Deep Politics, it's an inseparable element in their sound
Deep Politics' - Grails (8/10). Is ambient music still considered as such, when it is backed up by strong and tightly woven songwriting? Meet the band Grails, a band that has been called everything from psychedelic to post-rock. Although certainly close to many other bands in terms of sound, Grails' 2011 bout into the music scene does set them apart as an intriguing act in atmospheric rock. Scooping up some acclaim across the board for the latest album 'Deep Politics', Grails create an instrumental journey that stays interesting and engaging throughout
And Deep Politics, their latest, is among their richest, most expansive offerings to date. Less heavy and histrionic than 2008's grisly Doomsdayer's Holiday, Deep Politics has a rugged but decidedly habitable feel, craggy but markedly earthbound. Though the record's cohesion in the midst of its ever-changing sound is plenty impressive, each constituent part, too, is thrilling.
Deep Politics (Cass, Album, Ltd, Yel). Deep Politics (CD, Album, Promo). Temporary Residence Limited. Deep Politics (CD, Album, Unofficial).
Listen to Deep Politics in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Watch the video for Deep Politics from Grails's Deep Politics for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists.
|A2||All The Colors Of The Dark||4:07|
|A3||Corridors Of Power||3:54|
|B2||Daughters Of Bilitis||3:25|
|B3||Almost Grew My Hair||8:02|
|C1||I Led Three Lives||8:48|
- Bass, Synthesizer [Synths], Piano, Vocals [Vox] – WM Slater*
- Composed By – Bruno Nicolai (tracks: A2)
- Drums, Guitar [Guitars], Piano, Synthesizer [Synths], Vocals [Vox], Steel Guitar [Lap Steel], Tape [Tapes], Recorded By [Additional] – Emil Amos
- Electric Guitar [Elec Guitars], Mellotron, Synthesizer [Moog], Sampler [Samples] – Alex John Hall
- Mastered By – Carl Saff
- Mixed By – Alex Hall* (tracks: B1, C1, C2), Emil Amos (tracks: A3, B2), Jeff Stuart Saltzman (tracks: A1, A2, B3)
- Recorded By [Additional], Layout – Alex Hall*
- Recorded By [Basic Tracks] – Jeff Stuart Saltzman (tracks: A2, B1, B3, C2)
- Recorded By [Drums] – Brandon Eggleston (tracks: C1)
- Strings – Randall Dunn (tracks: B1, C2)
- Synthesizer [Synths] – Ash Black Bufflo (tracks: C1)
- Twelve-String Guitar – Zak Riles (tracks: B3)
- Written-By [Strings], Arranged By [Strings], Strings – Timba Harris*
NotesThe first 500 copies are limited edition colored vinyl: opaque yellow and dark brown. Comes in a gatefold jacket, and with a free mp3 download card.
©℗ 2011 Grails / Temporary Residence Ltd
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Promo Sticker): 6 56605 31691 8
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): TRR - 169 - A BW 101108
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): TRR - 169 - B BW 101108
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): TRR - 169 - C BW 101108
|TRR 169||Grails||Deep Politics (CD, Album)||Temporary Residence Limited||TRR 169||US||2011|
|PMLO 005||Grails||Deep Politics (Cass, Album, Ltd, Yel)||Pamlico Sound Mailorder||PMLO 005||US||2017|
|TRR169||Grails||Deep Politics (CD, Album, Promo)||Temporary Residence Limited||TRR169||US||2011|
|TRR 169||Grails||Deep Politics (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Temporary Residence Limited||TRR 169||Russia||2012|
|TRR 169, TRR169||Grails||Deep Politics (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album)||Temporary Residence Limited, Temporary Residence Limited||TRR 169, TRR169||US||2011|