Common One is the twelfth studio album by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison, released in 1980. The album was recorded over a nine-day period at Super Bear Studios, near Nice, on the French Riviera. Its title comes from the 34 section of the song "Summertime in England", where Morrison sings the lyrics "Oh, my common one with the coat so old and the light in her head".
Van Morrison was working through one of his greatest - yet least appreciated - creative periods when he made this album, one that burrows deeply into an introspective jazz-rooted spiritual groove. With Mark Isham's lonely muted trumpet up front, listeners are in the jazz world immediately with "Haunts of Ancient Peace," merging perfectly with Morrison's idiosyncratic vocal style.
All lyrics from Common One album, popular Van Morrison songs with tracklist and information about album. Van Morrison "Common One" (1980) album. Haunts Of Ancient Peace Lyrics. Summertime In England Lyrics.
Common One (Cass, Album). Haunts of Ancient Peace - Van Morrison 7:12. Van Morrison - Summertime in England 6:11. Van Morrison Satisfied 6:06.
Band Name Van Morrison. Album Name Common One. Type Album. Data de lançamento 1980. Estilo de MúsicaFolk Rock. Membros têm este álbum3. 1. Haunts of Ancient Peace. 2. Summertime in England.
Common One is the twelfth studio album by Van Morrison, released in 1980. The album was recorded over nine-days at Super Bear Studios, on the French Riviera.
Artists Van Morrison Common One. Common One Van Morrison. This album has an average beat per minute of 115 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 74/182 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile Common One. Album starts at 96BPM, ends at 108BPM (+12), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Van Morrison. The Alternative Moondance.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Haunts Of Ancient Peace
Arranged By [Choir], Conductor – Jeff Labes
|A2||Summertime In England
Arranged By [Strings], Conductor – Jeff Labes
Backing Vocals – David Hayes, Herbie Armstrong, John Allair, Mick Cox, Pee Wee Ellis, Pete Brewis, Peter Van Hooke
Arranged By [Horn Section], Conductor – Pee Wee EllisArranged By [Strings], Conductor – Jeff Labes
|B3||When Heart Is Open||15:03|
- Recorded At – Super Bear Studios
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Sausalito
- Record Company – Phonogram
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Phonogram International B.V.
- Copyright (c) – Phonogram International B.V.
- Mastered At – A&M Studios
- Produced For – Caledonia Productions
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Arranged By – Pee Wee Ellis
- Bass – David Hayes
- Drums – Peter Van Hooke
- Engineer – Henry Lewy
- Engineer [Super Bear] – Chris Martin
- Flugelhorn, Trumpet – Mark Isham
- Keyboards – John Allair
- Lead Guitar – Mick Cox
- Management – Bill Graham
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By – Rudy Legname
- Producer – Henry Lewy, Van Morrison
- Rhythm Guitar [Acoustic & Electric] – Herbie Armstrong
- Written-By, Concept By – Van Morrison
NotesRecorded at Super Bear Studios in the South of France
(Feb. 11 through Feb. 19, 1980)
Additional recording at the Record Plant in Sausalito
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Label Code: LC 0268
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped side A): 6302 021 1Y 3 ℗1980 670 111 04
- Matrix / Runout (Runout stamped side B): 6302 021 2Y 3 ℗1980 670 111 04
- Matrix / Runout (variant stamped side A): 6302 021 1Y 3 ℗1980 670 114 04
- Matrix / Runout (variant stamped side B): 6302 021 2Y 3 ℗1980 670 114 04
|6302 021||Van Morrison||Common One (LP, Album)||Mercury||6302 021||Germany||1980|
|839 600-2||Van Morrison||Common One (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Polydor||839 600-2||Europe||Unknown|
|STAR 5146||Van Morrison||Common One (LP, Album)||Mercury||STAR 5146||South Africa||1980|
|6302 021||Van Morrison||Common One (LP, Album)||Mercury||6302 021||Greece||1980|
|M5 3462||Van Morrison||Common One (Cass, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||M5 3462||US||1980|