Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire. Light Extracts (CDr, Album). Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire. Light Extracts (CD, Album, Promo, Car). I like this album for one track "empathic guitar",it's simply a precious track,lot of sensibility and a nice harmony. Reply Notify me Helpful. Marketplace 0 6 For Sale from €. 0.
Band Name Eivind Aarset. Album Name Light Extracts (Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire). Лейблы Jazzland Records.
lectronique Noire is an album by Norwegian guitarist Eivind Aarset. lectronique noire was rated "one of the best electric jazz albums of the post-Miles era" by no less than the New York Times.
Light Extracts is an album by Norwegian guitarist Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire. Basses rattle in the underpinned rhythmic center as Aarset's guitar plies a textural schema trying to get to and undo the fixed center of the track. He loose-hands his way around the fretboard, playing against the rhythm and on top of it until everything gives way to some new form of musically crystalline darkness. Light Extracts is light years ahead of everybody in this game and a few notches above his first effort. This is the second solo album by the Norwegian guitarist Eivind Aarset for Bugge Wesseltoft's Jazzland label, and as a follow up of the well received debut album Électronique Noire, it had much to live up to, and did not disappoint. Also this time ambience and club rhythms are present, but the music lives a life of itself and has become a truly separate organism. Light Extracts is an album from the top shelf.
Norse progressive jazz guitarist Eivind Aarset's Electronique Noire set a new standard for fusion music. For starters, it's because his sound - while fully electronic - had all the feel of an organic ensemble playing in the heat of the moment. Like the Miles Davis bands of the early '70s, this was music as invention and articulation, not merely concept and flash. On Light Extracts, his sophomore effort, Aarset furthers himself and his Electronique Noire band's mission by creating a body of composition that delves further into the electro underground as a way of capturing.
In 1998, Aarset released "Electronique Noire", his debut as a bandleader, and among the first Jazzland releases. Critics cast about for description that fitted the album: "Post rock"; "Nu Jazz"; "Post Miles Ambient"; and "Drum 'n' Bass Fusion" are among the many efforts, yet none truly captures the unlikely match of diversity and coherence that the album displays. During this time, Aarset was working and touring with Nils Petter Molvær, recording on the trumpeter's landmark album "Khmer" (and each Molvaer album since). Where "Electronique Noire" has tracks that could be individually described in terms of genre(s), "Light Extracts" offered music that could only be described in terms of "Aarset-ness".
Light Extracts (released 2001 in Oslo, Norway by Jazzland – 014 741-2) is a Nu Jazz album by the Norwegian guitarist Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Bass Clarinet – Hans UlrikElectric Piano [Rhodes/Prophet] – Arve Furset
Arranged By [Vital Arrangement Input] – Nick Sillitoe*
|4||The String Thing
Electric Bass – Eivind Aarset
|5||Between Signal & Noise
Bass Clarinet – Hans UlrikElectric Piano [Prophet] – Arve Furset
|6||Ffwd / Slow Motion||6:23|
Composed By – Aarset*, Reksjø*, Holte*
Trumpet – Nils Petter Molvær
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Jazzland Recordings
- Copyright (c) – Universal Music Norway
- Record Company – Universal Music
- Made By – Universal M & L, Germany – 51210261
- Recorded At – 7 etage
- Recorded At – Mox Studio
- Mastered At – Lydmuren
- Composed By – Eivind Aarset (tracks: 1 to 6, 8)
- Design [Cover Design] – www.kornstad.com*
- Drums, Drum Machine, Electronics, Edited By [Edits] – Wetle Holte
- Electric Bass, Acoustic Bass – Marius Reksjø (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7)
- Guitar, Guitar [Fretless Guitar], Electronics, Programmed By [Programming], Edited By [Edits] – Eivind Aarset
- Mastered By [Mastering] – Mikkel Schille
- Mixed By [Mix], Electronics – Reidar Skår
- Photography By [Cover Photos] – Fin Serck-Hanssen
- Recorded By – Eivind Aarset, Reidar Skår
- Recorded By [Bass Clarinet] – Jesper Bo*
Notes℗ 2001 Jazzland Rec.
© 2001 Universal Music (Norway).
Recorded at 7 Etg. by Reidar Skår and at home by Eivind Aarset.
Bass clarinet recorded at Mox Studio.
Mastering at Lydmuren.
Tracks 4 and 8 are based on music written for the television series "Det Tredje Tegnet"
Supported by Fond For Utøvende Kunstnere and NOPA
6-panel Digipak packaging
Made in EU.
Made in Germany by Universal M & L.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 44001 47412 5
- Barcode (Scanned): 044001474125
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1, 2): 00440 014 741-2 01 + 51210261 MADE IN GERMANY BY UNIVERSAL M & L B
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): 00440 014 741-2 01 + 51210261 MADE IN GERMANY BY UNIVERSAL M & L A
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 2, 3): IFPI L002
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0137
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0144
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0143
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): 00440 014 741-2 01 + 51210261 MADE IN GERMANY BY UNIVERSAL M & L A
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI L002
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 0115
- Label Code: LC 00699
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
|014 741-2||Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire||Light Extracts (CD, Album)||Jazzland Recordings||014 741-2||Norway||2001|
|none||Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire||Light Extracts (CDr, Album)||Jazzland Recordings||none||Europe||Unknown|
|014 741-2||Eivind Aarset's Électronique Noire||Light Extracts (CD, Album, Promo, Car)||Jazzland Recordings||014 741-2||Europe||2001|