Host is the seventh studio album recorded by British band Paradise Lost. The singles "So Much Is Lost" and "Permanent Solution" both have music videos released. Due to an injury, Gregor Mackintosh often played keyboards instead of guitar while touring the album with his guitar technician playing his guitar parts.
Paradise Lost discography (all). lt; So Much Is Lost (1999). Permanent Solution (1999). The album saw the band moving further away from their previous metal sound to something more akin to a melancholy style of synthpop, gothic rock. Videos were made for "So Much Is Lost" and "Permanent Solution". Gregor Mackintosh often played keyboards instead of guitar while touring the album. A guest guitarist played his guitar parts. Recording information
Host (Cass, Album, Unofficial). Host (LP, Whi + LP, S/Sided, Etch, Whi + Album, Ltd, RE,) Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast. NB 4308-1, 27, NB 4308-7.
Paradise Lost’s seventh studio album, released on EMI Electrola GMBH in 1999. Paradise Lost’s tenth single release. Released on EMI Electrola GMBH in 1999. 2. So Much is Lost (Lost in Space mix).
This time Paradise Lost even uses synths and programming, but mixing them with distorted guitar sounds better than you may expect. Host sounds, surprisingly, like Depeche Mode with distorted guitars. Of course, this isn't a bad thing. Host is a big step for Paradise Lost at both artistic and progressive levels. Death isn't such a contemporary topic for singer Nick Holmes anymore, but depressive lyrics about failures in life define the mood of Host.
|A1||So Much Is Lost||4:17|
|A3||In All Honesty||4:01|
|A6||It's Too Late||4:47|
|B1||Behind The Grey||3:13|
|B3||Made The Same||3:33|
|B5||Year Of Summer||4:17|
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishers Ltd.
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Recorded At – 262 Studios
- Mixed At – Matrix Studios
- Arranged By [Strings] – Audrey Riley (tracks: A1, A4, B3), Greg Mackintosh* (tracks: A1, A2, A4, A6, B3, B6), Sally Herbert (tracks: A2, A6, B6)
- Backing Vocals – Shereena Smith (tracks: A1, A3 to A6, B6)
- Bass – Stephen Edmondson
- Cello – Audrey Riley (tracks: A1, A4, B3), Dinah Beamish (tracks: A2, A6, B6)
- Drums – Lee Morris
- Engineer [Assistant] – Matt Cullen
- Guitar – Aaron Aedy
- Guitar, Keyboards, Programmed By – Greg Mackintosh*
- Lyrics By – G. Mackintosh*
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Music By – N. Holmes*
- Producer, Mixed By, Engineer, Programmed By – Steve Lyon
- Viola – Claire Orster* (tracks: A2, A6, B6), Susan Dench* (tracks: A1, A4, B3)
- Violin – Anne Stephenson (tracks: A2, A6, B6), Chris Tombling (tracks: A1, A4, B3), Gini Ball (tracks: A2, A6, B6), Jocelyn Pook (tracks: A2, A6, B6), Julia Singleton (tracks: A2, A6, B6), Leo Payne (tracks: A1, A4, B3), Sally Herbert (tracks: A2, A6, B6)
- Vocals – Nick Holmes
NotesZPAV-ZAiKS hologram with the number '(L) 1331072' on the backside of the casette inlay. The lyrics are printed inside the multi fold out inlay.
Produced, mixed and engineered by Steve Lyon for Stephen Budd Management Ltd.
Mastered at Masterdisk (New York, NY, USA).
Recorded at 262 Studios, Haremere Hall and Great Linford Manor.
Mixed at Matrix Studios between September 1998 and February 1999.
(P) & (C) 1999 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Paradise Lost under exclusive licence to EMI Electrola GmbH.
0 7243 4 99947 4 4
Printed in Poland
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 724349994744
- Other (Distribution code 1): F: PM 264
- Other (Distribution code 2): UK: 499 9474
- Label Code: LC 00542
- Rights Society: BIEM/ZAIKS
|7243 4 99947 2 0, 0 7243 4 999 47 2 0, 0-7243-4 99||Paradise Lost||Host (CD, Album)||EMI, EMI, EMI, EMI||7243 4 99947 2 0, 0 7243 4 999 47 2 0, 0-7243-4 99||Europe||1999|
|7243 4 99947 2 0, 0-7243-4 99947-2-0, 499 9472||Paradise Lost||Host (CD, Album)||EMI, EMI, EMI||7243 4 99947 2 0, 0-7243-4 99947-2-0, 499 9472||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|none||Paradise Lost||Host (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Лира Records||none||Russia||2000|
|NB 4308-1, 27361 43087, NB 4308-7||Paradise Lost||Host (LP, Whi + LP, S/Sided, Etch, Whi + Album, Ltd, RE,)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 4308-1, 27361 43087, NB 4308-7||Europe||2018|
|NB 4308-1, 27361 43081||Paradise Lost||Host (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch + Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Nuclear Blast, Nuclear Blast||NB 4308-1, 27361 43081||Europe||2018|