Full Force is a 1980 album by the Art Ensemble of Chicago, their second to appear on the ECM label.
Bass, Percussion, Melodica, Vocals – Malachi Favors. Composed By – The Art Ensemble Of Chicago. Design – Dieter Rehm. Engineer – Martin Wieland. Engineer – David Baker. Percussion – Famoudou Don Moye. Photography By – Tadayuki Naitoh. Photography By – Dieter Rehm.
The Art Ensemble of Chicago is alone in jazz history for reaching back conceptually to long before there ever was anything called jazz and moving toward a future beyond category. When I heard the Art Ensemble’s ‘Full Force’ album (included here) as an impressionable kid, its expressions of freedom changed my life by exposing me to the possibilities of sound.
Full Force is a 1980 album by the Art Ensemble of Chicago, their second to appear on the ECM label. It features performances by Lester Bowie, Joseph Jarman, Roscoe Mitchell, Malachi Favors Maghostut and Don Moye. Magg Zelma" (Favors) - 19:50.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). This is a phenomenal album. It brings back the live shows The Art Ensemble of Chicago did at the Edmonton Jazz Festival around 1980. The music is highly experimental, tonally diverse and completely non-commmercial. The recording quality is excellent with wide frequency response, transparent imaging and wide dynamic range indicative of all ECM recordings. I would highly recommend this album to anyone who understands and embraces modern avant-garde Jazz.
Studio album by Art Ensemble of Chicago. Les Stances a Sophie is a 1970 soundtrack album by the Art Ensemble of Chicago recorded in Paris for a French film of the same name directed by Moshé Mizrahi. It was released on the Pathé Marconi label in France and on Nessa Records in the U. S and it features performances by Lester Bowie, Joseph Jarman, Roscoe Mitchell, Malachi Favors Maghostut, Fontella Bass and Don Moye.
Reunion (Art Ensemble of Chicago album). Reunion is a live album recorded at Centro Rai di Produzione Radiofonica in Rome in January 2003 by the Art Ensemble of Chicago and released on the Italian Around Jazz label. It marked the return of Joseph Jarman to the group and features performances by Jarman, Roscoe Mitchell, Malachi Favors Maghostut and Don Moye with Baba Sissoko. It is the first live Art Ensemble album to be released following the death of founding member Lester Bowie.
The previous Art Ensemble of Chicago ECM album Nice Guys vaulted them to the top of improvised music groups in the . and worldwide, paving the way for similar bands to be more accepted into the mainstream of modern music. Where "Full Force" generally lives up to the title, there's also a palpable diverse approach, producing more than enough potent music brimming from the sinews of these brilliant musicians to uphold their burgeoning cache. The crown jewel of this effort is "Charlie M," a bluesy swing tribute to Charles Mingus.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Malachi Favors Maghostus*
Written-By – Roscoe Mitchell
Written-By – Lester Bowie
|B2||Old Time Southside Street Dance
Written-By – Joseph Jarman
Written-By – Art Ensemble Of Chicago*
- Distributed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ECM Records GmbH
- Pressed By – Wakefield Manufacturing – 37313
- Published By – Art Ensemble of Chicago Publishing Co.
- Recorded At – Columbia Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Wakefield Manufacturing – 37313
- Bass, Percussion, Melodica, Vocals – Malachi Favors Maghostus*
- Composed By – The Art Ensemble Of Chicago
- Engineer [Mixing] – Martin Wieland
- Engineer [Recording] – David Baker
- Percussion [Sun Percussion], Drums, Bells, Horns [Bikehorns], Congas, Timpani [Tympani], Bongos, Chimes, Gong [Gongs], Conch [Conch Shell], Whistle [Whistles], Wood Block [Wood Blocks], Cowbell – Famoudou Don Moye
- Photography By [Cover Photo] – Tadayuki Naitoh
- Photography By [Wall], Design – Dieter Rehm
- Producer – Manfred Eicher
- Sopranino Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Bass Saxophone, Vocals, Flute, Bass Clarinet, Clarinet [Bb Clarinet], Bassoon, Piccolo Flute [Piccolo], Conch [Conch Shell], Vibraphone [Vibraharp], Celesta [Celeste], Gong [Gongs], Congas, Whistle, Alto Flute – Joseph Jarman
- Soprano Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Bass Saxophone, Piccolo Flute [Piccolo], Flute, Clarinet [Bb Clarinet], Gong [Gongs], Glockenspiel, Congas – Roscoe Mitchell
- Trumpet – Lester Bowie
NotesRecorded January 1980
Comes with an ECM catalog insert.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout): Mo#3 (ᵛᵛ) 37313-A ECM-1-1167-A AL
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout): (ᵛᵛ) 37313-B ECM-1-1167-B AL Mo#3
|ECM 1167||Art Ensemble Of Chicago*||Full Force (LP, Album)||ECM Records||ECM 1167||Germany||1980|
|ECM 1167 B0011868-02||The Art Ensemble Of Chicago||Full Force (CD)||ECM Records||ECM 1167 B0011868-02||Germany||2008|
|ECM 1167, 177 9873||Art Ensemble Of Chicago*||Full Force (CD, Album, RE, Car)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1167, 177 9873||Germany||2008|
|ECM 1167, 829 197-2||Art Ensemble Of Chicago*||Full Force (CD, Album, RE)||ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM 1167, 829 197-2||Germany||1986|
|J33J-20087||The Art Ensemble Of Chicago||Full Force (CD, Album, RE)||ECM Records||J33J-20087||Japan||1986|