The Geese & the Ghost is the first studio album by English musician and songwriter Anthony Phillips, released in March 1977 on Hit & Run Music in the United Kingdom and Passport Records in the United States. It was originally intended to be an album by Phillips and his former Genesis band mate Mike Rutherford, but Rutherford's difficulty in devoting time to the project ended the idea. The album reached number 191 on the Billboard 200.
The Geese And The Ghost - Part 1 (Basic Track). Music By – Anthony Phillips, Mike RutherfordProducer, Engineer – Anthony Phillips, Mike ing Guitar – Anthony Phillips, Mike Rutherford. Michael Rutherford and Phil Collins appear through the courtesy of Atlantic Records. CD 1: Recorded at Send Barns Studios, Argonaut Galleries. Original remix and completion at Trident and Olympic Studios.
The Geese & The Ghost - Студийный альбом от Anthony Phillips. В альбом вошло 50 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 03:26:34. Henry: Portraits From Tudor Times: (i) Fanfare. The Geese & The Ghost, Part 1. 08:12. Henry: Portraits From Tudor Times: (vi) Triumphant Return.
Master of Time (Demo), 07:38. Title Inspiration, 00:33. The Geese and the Ghost, Pt. 1 (Basic Track), 07:48. God If I Saw Her Now, 04:14. Now playing: DNCE Cake By The Ocean. Земля plus (Earth plus). Lorena - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing (by Aerosmith).
Thus, The Geese & the Ghost comes off as a sort of throwback, picking up stylistically where Trespass or Nursery Cryme (check out the second part of the title track) left off nearly six years earlier
The Geese & The Ghost - Part One (basic track) (7:46). Vocal on Collections. Michael Rutherford: Acoustic 12 String, 6 String, Classical Guitars, Electric 6 & 12 String Guitars, Basses, Organ, Drums, Timbales, Glockenspiel, Cymbals, Bells. The 2 CD re-issue of the album is the first CD release of the album to be sourced from the original master tapes, which were re-discovered in 2001. The artwork for the album is also reproduced to a much higher standard than on the previous CD releases. Disc one of the 2018 Japanese release is in SHM (Super High Material) format.
Anthony Phillips' 1977 debut album is one of the best works to come out of what is called "progressive rock. Although the feeling of this music is folk, meaning loads of acoustic guitars, little percussion, some cellos and woodwinds, it is not really folk music, but pastoral music, meaning to evoke the countryside by orchestral colors as an observer, not a participant in rural culture (. a Beethoven's sixth symphony). Phillips engages in a dialog with the listener; there a sense of almost novelistic density in Geese and the Ghost. This music is also humane in the best sense, which puts it at odds with 99 percent of the music coming under the inadequate umbrella of "rock/pop. Beside crafting acoustic reveries, Ant can write a decent song, as the two songs on this disk show.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Wind - Tales||1:02|
|A2||Which Way The Wind Blows
Vocals – Phil Collins
|Henry: Portraits From Tudor Times|
|A3d||Henry Goes To War||3:36|
|A3e||Death Of A Knight||2:33|
|A4||God If I Saw Her Now
Vocals – Phil Collins
|B1||Chinese Mushroom Cloud||0:46|
|The Geese & The Ghost|
Vocals – Anthony Phillips
|B4||Sleepfall: The Geese Fly West
Flute, Lyricon – Jack Lancaster
- Manufactured By – GRT Of Canada Ltd.
- Distributed By – GRT Of Canada Ltd.
- Acoustic Guitar [12-string, 6-string, Classical], Electric Guitar, Bass, Dulcimer, Bouzouki, Synthesizer, Mellotron, Harmonium, Piano, Drums, Celesta, Glockenspiel, Timbales, Bells, Chimes, Gong, Written-by, Producer, Engineer – Anthony Phillips
- Acoustic Guitar [12-string, 6-string, Classical], Electric Guitar, Bass, Organ, Drums, Timbales, Glockenspiel, Bells, Cymbal, Producer, Engineer – Michael Rutherford*
- Artwork [Cover] – Peter Cross
- Cello – Charlie Martin (tracks: B1, B2), Kirk Trevor (tracks: B1, B2)
- Conductor [Orchestra] – Jeremy Gilbert
- Engineer, Producer – Simon Heyworth
- Flute – John Hackett (tracks: A4, B3, B4)
- Flute, Flute [Baroque], Piccolo Flute – Wil Sleath (tracks: A3)
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Mixed By – Anton Matthews
- Oboe – Rob Phillips (tracks: B2, B4)
- Oboe, English Horn – Lazo Momulovich (tracks: A3, B2)
- Orchestra – Barge Rabble, Send Barns Orchestra
- Orchestra [Soloist] – Ralph Bernascone
- Timpani – Martin Westlake (tracks: A3, B1, B2)
- Violin – Nick Hayley (tracks: B2)
- Written-By – Michael Rutherford* (tracks: A3, B1, B2)
NotesRecorded at Send Barns Studios & Argonaut Galleries. Remixed and completed at Trident and Olympic Studios. Mastered at Sterling Sound.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1): 9167-98020-S1
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2): 9167-98020-S2
|HIT 001||Anthony Phillips||The Geese & The Ghost (LP, Album)||Hit & Run Music||HIT 001||UK||1977|
|CDOVD 315, 7874642||Anthony Phillips||The Geese And The Ghost (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP, Ude)||Virgin, Virgin||CDOVD 315, 7874642||Europe||Unknown|
|VJCP-2321||Anthony Phillips||The Geese & The Ghost (CD, Album)||Virgin, Virgin Japan||VJCP-2321||Japan||1990|
|PVC 8905||Anthony Phillips||The Geese & The Ghost (LP, Album)||PVC Records, Passport Records||PVC 8905||US||1977|
|AN99-014, CDOVD 315, 261 062||Anthony Phillips||The Geese & The Ghost (CD, Album, RE, RM, Unofficial)||ArsNova, Virgin , Virgin||AN99-014, CDOVD 315, 261 062||Russia||1999|