X is the ninth studio album by Fourplay, released in 2006. Turnabout" (Bob James) – 6:21. Cinnamon Sugar" (Larry Carlton) – 4:48. Eastern Sky" (Marcel East, Nathan East) – 6:37. Kid Zero" (Harvey Mason, S. – 4:48. My Love's Leavin'" feat. Michael McDonald (Vivian Stanshall, Steve Winwood) – 5:11. Screenplay" (Bob James) – 6:04. Twilight Touch" (Harvey Mason, S. – 4:57. Be My Lover" (Larry Carlton, Nathan East) – 4:13. Sunday Morning" (Nathan East) – 3:53. Bob James – keyboards.
Fourplay is the debut album by the American smooth jazz group Fourplay which was released in 1991. The group was originally composed by Bob James (keyboards), Lee Ritenour (guitars), Nathan East (bass) and Harvey Mason (drums). The album want to number 1 on the Contemporary Jazz charts, number 16 on the R&B charts and number 91 (or 97) on the US Billboard 200. Since then the album went Gold according to the RIAA and has sold over 1 million copies worldwide.
Fourplay brought in Phil Collins to sing the lead vocal for their beautifully arranged version of ‘Why Can’t It Wait ‘Til Morning’. This song, originally written by Phil Collins, and was included in Fourplay’s third studio album, ‘Elixir’, with members Bob James (keyboards), Lee Ritenour (guitars), Nathan East (bass), Harvey Mason (drums).
Fourplay (Fourplay album). Fourplay is the debut album of the contemporary jazz quartet Fourplay which was released by Warner Bros. Records on September 17, 1991. The album cover showed four pictures of the original group on a variety of musical instruments (such as a guitar, piano keys and a drum). The album has sold over 1,000,000 copies in the United States and has thus been certified platinum by the RIAA. Their album charted at the No. 1 position on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Charts for an unprecedented 33 weeks.
Piece Of My Heart from Fourplay's album 4, their fourth studio album, released in 1998, and their first with guitarist Larry Carlton.
Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве.
Their album charted at the position on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Charts for an unprecedented 33 weeks. Fourplay is the super quartet composed of keyboardist Bob James, guitarist Lee Ritenour, bassist Nathan East and drummer Harvey Mason. The style is a soulful blend of Jazz, R&B, and Pop with an emphasis on original compositions by each band member. El DeBarge lends his seductive vocals to the Marvin Gaye classic "After The Dance" to round out this musical masterpiece.
A Little Fourplay - Fourplay. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|6||After The Dance
Arranged By [Additional Background Vocals] – Patti LaBelleBacking Vocals – Darell DeBarge*, El DeBarge, Nathan East, Patti LaBelleLead Vocals – El DeBargeWritten-By – Marvin Gaye
|10||Wish You Were Here||6:11|
Backing Vocals – Philip Bailey
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Edited At – CMS Digital
- Mastered At – Capitol Disk Mastering
- Recorded At – Ocean Way Recording
- Recorded At – Sunset Sound
- Recorded At – Starlight Studios
- Recorded At – Pyramid Studios
- Manufactured By – WEA Manufacturing
- Art Direction – Kim Champagne
- Bass – Nathan East
- Coordinator [Production Coordinator] – Debra Johnson
- Design – Leslie Wintner
- Drums – Harvey Mason
- Edited By [Digitally Edited] – Robert Vosgien
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer At Ocean Way Recorders] – Clif Norrell
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer At Starlight Studios] – Paul May
- Engineer [Assistant Engineer At Sunset Sound] – Mike Kloster
- Executive-Producer – Bob James
- Guitar – Lee Ritenour
- Keyboards – Bob James
- Mastered By – Wally Traugott
- Other [Medical Assistance] – Harvey Mason Jr.
- Photography By – Stuart Watson
- Photography By [Band Photos] – O'Brien And Schridde
- Producer – Fourplay
- Programmed By [Synth Programming], Computer [Atari Computer Programming], Technician [Technical Assistance] – Harvey Mason Jr.
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Femi Jiya, Jeff Gillette*, Khaliq Glover
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Don Murray
- Written-By – Bob James (tracks: 1, 4, 7, 11), Harvey Mason (tracks: 5, 8), Lee Ritenour (tracks: 1, 3, 9, 10), Marcel East (tracks: 2), Michael Lang* (tracks: 5), Nathan East (tracks: 2)
NotesLee Ritenour appears courtesy of GRP Records.
Patti LaBelle appears courtesy of MCA Records.
Philip Bailey appears courtesy of Sony Records.
Bob James played the Yamaha C7 Midi Grand Piano, Synthesizers, Keyboards and Programming.
Lee Ritenour played the Gibson 335, Gibson L-5, Gibson Midi Max Guitar Synthesizer, Gibson Chet Atkins Electric/Classical Guitar, Roger Sadowski Electric/Classical Guitar.
Nathan East played the Yamaha LB1 5-String and TRB 6-String Bass.
Harvey Mason played Gretsch Drums, Gibraltar Racks, Brady Snare, Drums and Vic Firth Drum Sticks
Made In The U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 7599-26656-2 9
- Barcode (Scanned): 075992665629
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 1 26656-2 SRC**06 M2S1
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 1 26656-2 SRC**01 M1S2
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|8122-79571-4||Fourplay||Fourplay (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Warner Bros. Records||8122-79571-4||Europe||2014|
|7599-26656-1||Fourplay||Fourplay (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||7599-26656-1||Germany||1991|
|none||Fourplay||Fourplay (11xFile, WAV, Album, 24-)||Warner Bros. Records||none||2011|
|WPCR-28041||Fourplay||Fourplay (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM)||Warner Bros. Records||WPCR-28041||Japan||2014|
|9-26656-2||Fourplay||Fourplay (CD, Album, Club)||Warner Bros. Records||9-26656-2||US||1991|