Авторы текста и музыки. Hugh Cornwell, Dave Greenfield, JeanJacques Burnel, Brian Duffy. WMG; LatinAutor, LatinAutor - UMPG, EMI Music Publishing, UMPI, UBEM, UMPG Publishing, ASCAP" и другие авторские общества (4). Композиция. Goodbye Toulouse (1996 Remaster). WMG; UMPI, UBEM, LatinAutor - UMPG, LatinAutor, CMRRA, UMPG Publishing" и другие авторские общества (3). Music And Songs From The Film Metroland - Featuring Original Com.
Formed as the Guildford Stranglers on 11 September 1974 in Guildford, Surrey, they originally built a following within the mid-1970s pub rock scene. Meanwhile, the band received a mixed reception from some critics because of their apparent sexist and racist innuendo. The Raven was not released in the US; instead a compilation album The Stranglers IV was released in 1980, containing a selection of tracks from The Raven and a mix of earlier and later non-album tracks.
Rattus Norvegicus is the first studio album by The Stranglers, released on 17 April 1977. The band's name was printed as "The Stranglers IV" on the sleeve. The album was originally to be entitled "Dead on Arrival" but was changed at the last minute. It was one of the highest-selling albums of the punk era in Britain, eventually achieving platinum record sales. The album's title is the taxonomic name for the common brown rat. It was produced in one week by Martin Rushent, and was basically a snapshot of the band's live set at the time.
The Stranglers previous album, The Raven, had not been released in the US. IV contained, on side one, a selection of tracks from The Raven.
The Stranglers' early work is most properly described as stripped-down pop played with a hardcore sensibility; fairly lengthy songs with frequent solo breaks, prominent keyboard usage, and occasional employment of vocal harmony sets them apart from their peers. But snarling lead singing that puts forth steful lyrics predominates here, clearly showing the group's punk affinity.
The Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus (1988). Condition is Very Good. Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd Class Large Letter. The stranglers IV - rattus norvegicus CD excellent condition. The Stranglers FELINE Badge %0a %0a Superb Quality - approx 35mm wide. 0a %0a Pin Badge with Butterfly Clutch Attachment. The Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus IV CD Album. The Stranglers CD Album "Rattus Norvegicus IV".
The Stranglers IV - Rattu. has been added to your Basket. You can stop you inner deliberation. One of the best debut albums ever by anyone was this release, Rattus Norvegicus. In 1977 the alum hit the top ten on release without a preceeding hit single, the first band to do so since The Beatles.
Here and There: The Epic B-sides (1983-1991). The Old Testament (UA Studio Recs 77-82). BBC In Concert (23rd April 1977). 2010 23rd April 1977. BBC In Concert (8th February 1982). 2009 8th February 1982. The UA Singles 1977-1982. John Peel Session (1 March 1977).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A4||Princess Of The Streets||4:34|
|B2||(Get A) Grip (On Yourself)
Tenor Saxophone – Eric Clark
|Down In The Sewer||(7:30)|
|B4b||Down In The Sewer|
|B4c||Trying To Get Out Again|
- Record Company – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Capitol Records-EMI Of Canada Limited
- Distributed By – Capitol Records-EMI Of Canada Limited
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Liberty/United Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Liberty Records
- Published By – April Music Ltd.
- Published By – Albion Music
- Produced At – T.W. Studios
- Mixed At – Olympic Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – The Lacquer Channel Limited
- Mastered At – RCA Studios, Toronto
- Pressed By – Capitol Records-EMI Of Canada Limited
- Bass, Vocals – Jean Jacques Burnel*
- Composed By – The Stranglers
- Design [Sleeve], Art Direction – Paul Henry
- Drums, Percussion – Jet Black
- Engineer – Alan Winstanley, Doug Bennett
- Engineer [Assistant] – Benny King
- Guitar [Guitars], Vocals – Hugh Cornwell
- Keyboards – Dave Greenfield
- Photography By – Trevor Rogers
- Producer – Martin Rushent
NotesSleeve: ℗ 1977 Liberty Records, a Division of Capitol Records, Inc.
Labels: ℗1977 Liberty/United Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label A): (UAG 30045A)
- Matrix / Runout (Label B): (UAG 30045B)
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 Side A Runout, etched (target symbol is stamped)): UALA 757 A TLC T ⌾
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 Side B Runout, etched): UALA 757-6-B TX
|UAG 30045||The Stranglers||Stranglers IV (Rattus Norvegicus) (LP, Album + 7", Single + Ltd)||United Artists Records||UAG 30045||UK||1977|
|7243 5 34406 2 6||The Stranglers||Rattus Norvegicus (CD, Album, RP)||Parlophone||7243 5 34406 2 6||Europe||Unknown|
|D-57537||The Stranglers||Stranglers IV (Rattus Norvegicus) (Cass, Album, Dol)||United Artists Records||D-57537||Spain||1978|
|1A 038-1575301||The Stranglers||IV Rattus Norvegicus (LP, Album, RE)||Fame, Liberty||1A 038-1575301||Europe||Unknown|
|FA 3001||The Stranglers||Stranglers IV (Rattus Norvegicus) (LP, Album, RE)||Fame, Liberty||FA 3001||UK||1991|