road band following the release of From a Compound Eye, they began writing songs together, resulting in a collaborative side project, the Keene Brothers. Blues and Boogie Shoes is the first (and hopefully not the last) album from the Keene Brothers, and while it's a more modest affair it sounds significantly stronger and more satisfying than Pollard's much-vaunted "official solo debut" and fuses muscular rock guitar with glorious pop hooks as well as anything GbV ever released.
Complete your Keene Brothers collection.
Most everything else recorded at Tommy Keene's home. Tracks 1, 3 to 5, 7, 9, 10, and 12 mixed at Private Studios, Urbana, Illinois. Tracks 2, 6, 8, and 11 mixed at Studio Mesmer, Culver City, California. Mastered at Private Studios. No durations are printed on the release. All songs 2006 Needmore Songs (BMI) and De Paul Music (ASCAP) admin. Matrix, Runout: 193820 The Keene Brothers 01. Rights Society: BMI. Rights Society: ASCAP.
Blues and Boogie Shoes is the first (and hopefully not the last) album from the Keene Brothers, and while it's a more modest affair it sounds significantly stronger and more satisfying than Pollard's much-vaunted "official solo debut" and fuses muscular rock guitar with glorious pop hooks as well as anything GbV ever released. Pollard's approach as a singer and lyricist isn't radically different than what's he's been doing for years, but he sounds audibly jazzed by Keene's contributions, and these performances are focused, passionate, and firmly committed; simply put, he rocks out here, and Keene's music responds in kind
Listen free to Keene Brothers – Blues and Boogie Shoes (Evil Vs. Evil, Death of the Party and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Connect to this site.
Blues and Boogie Shoes, 2006. Blues and Boogie Shoes, 2006.
All the great songs and lyrics from the "Blues and Boogie Shoes" album ont he Web's largest and most authoritative lyrics resource. Style:MLA Chicago APA. "Blues and Boogie Shoes Album.
Listen to Keene Brothers Radio featuring songs from Blues and Boogie Shoes free online. Слушать бесплатное интернет-радио, спорт, музыку, новости, разговорное и подкасты. События в прямом эфире, трансляции игр NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, университетских команд и матчи Премьер-лиги. CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ESPN, BBC, NPR.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Evil Vs. Evil|
|A2||Death Of The Party
Piano – R. Walt Vincent
|A3||Beauty Of The Draft|
|A4||Where Others Fail|
|A5||Island Of Lost Lucies|
|A6||Lost Upon Us|
|B2||The Naked Wall|
|B3||The Camouflaged Friend|
|B5||This Time Do You Feel It?|
- Recorded At – Waterloo Sound
- Mixed At – Private Studios
- Mixed At – Studio Mesmer
- Mastered At – Private Studios
- Published By – Needmore Songs
- Published By – De Paul Music
- Drums – John Richardson (tracks: A4, B2, B4-B6), Jon Wurster (tracks: A1, A3, B1)
- Harmony Vocals – R. Walt Vincent
- Layout – Jason Pierce
- Lead Vocals, Lyrics By, Written-By [Melodies] – Robert Pollard
- Mastered By – Jonathan Pines
- Mixed By – Jonathan Pines (tracks: A1, A3-A5, B1, B3-B4, B6), R. Walt Vincent (tracks: A2, A6, B2, B5)
- Music By, Instruments, Harmony Vocals, Recorded By [Most Everything Else], Written-By [Music] – Tommy Keene
- Photography By – Rich Turiel
- Recorded By [Bob's Vocals] – Todd Tobias
- Recorded By [Drums] – Chris Widmer (tracks: B2, B5), Jonathan Pines (tracks: A4, B4, B6), R. Walt Vincent (tracks: A1, A3, B1)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): NR-21521-A LUNA-92 GFO
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): NR-21521-B FCS-42 GFO
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|FCS42||Keene Brothers||Blues And Boogie Shoes (CD, Album)||Fading Captain Series||FCS42||US||2006|