The American Composer's Series - Volume II). 레이블: Torso – TORSO CD 022, Torso – Torso cd 022. 시리즈: The American Composer Series – Volume II. 형식: CD, Album.
Experimental Rock The Residents. añadir las palabras del álbum. Band Name The Residents. Data de aparición 1986. 4. Ramblin' Man. 5. Jambalaya (On the Bayou). 6. Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.
Yes, you take some of this stuff as cartoonie. The album notes include a brief introduction to the American Composers Series concept followed by brief biographies of the two artists and of The Residents, describing them as "a group of pseudo-artists who freely indulge themselves in the Great American Culture". It was also the first Residents album to use computer-created art on the cover and in the promotional video, It's a Man's Man's Man's World.
Originally by Hank Williams with His Drifting Cowboys. Originally by (unknown), Hank Williams with His Drifting Cowboys.
Side Two redoes Sousa, the American March King, and this is where things go masterfully off the rails. Now long tried and true patriotic marches are turned into horrorshows done in the massively whacked and parodic fashion as some of the covers on "The Third Reich 'N' Roll", done in an ever seguing and theme sharing suite style.
11. The Washington Post.
The American Composer’s Series, Volume II. ~ Release group by The Residents.
Karlheinz Stockhausen. Condition Record/Sleeve: EX/EX
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Hey Good Lookin'
Slide Guitar – Snakefinger
|A2||Six More Miles (To The Graveyard)|
Written-By – Rose*, Williams*
|John Philip Sousa|
|B1a||Nobles Of The Mystic Shrine|
|B1b||The Stars & Stripes Forever|
|B1d||The Liberty Bell|
|B1f||The Washington Post|
- Manufactured By – Ralph Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Cryptic Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Cryptic Corporation
- Published By – Acuff-Rose-Opryland
- Published By – Right Song
- Published By – Milene-Opryland Music, Inc.
- Published By – Intersong USA
- Lacquer Cut At – K Disc Mastering
- Mastered At – Greg Lee Processing – L-25263
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-16737
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-16738
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Pore No Graphic*
- Engineer [Location Engineering] – Philip Perkins
- Lacquer Cut By – JG*
- Producer – The Cryptic Corporation
- Written-By – H. Williams* (tracks: A1, A2, A4, A5), J. P. Sousa* (tracks: B1)
NotesRegular edition in black vinyl. Also available in limited edition blue vinyl.
Track B1c is incorrectly titled "El Capitan" on both the sleeve and the label.
Side A: all songs published by Acuff-Rose-Opryland/Right Song (BMI) except "Kaw-Liga" by Milene-Opryland/Intersong USA (ASCAP).
Side B: all songs Public Domain.
(c) (p) 1986, The Cryptic Corporation
Jacket Made in Canada
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A, hand-etched runout): RZ-8652-A [kdisc stamp] L-25263 S-16737
- Matrix / Runout (Side B, hand-etched runout): RZ-8652-B [kdisc stamp] JG L-25263X S-16738
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|VG 50237||The Residents||Stars & Hank Forever! (The American Composer's Series - Volume II) (LP, Album)||Virgin, Ralph Records||VG 50237||Greece||1986|
|CDREAL0204307||The Residents||Stars & Hank Forever! (The American Composer's Series - Volume II) (CD, Album, Ltd, Unofficial)||The Theory Is Sound Project, CD-Real||CDREAL0204307||Russia||2000|
|RZ-8652||The Residents||Stars & Hank Forever! (The American Composer's Series - Volume II) (LP, Album, Ltd, Blu)||Ralph Records||RZ-8652||US||1986|
|ESD 81492||The Residents||Stars & Hank Forever! (CD, Album, RE, RM)||East Side Digital||ESD 81492||US||2000|
|AIM 1013||The Residents||Stars & Hank Forever! (The American Composer's Series - Volume II) (LP, Album)||AIM , Ralph Records||AIM 1013||Australia||1986|