Playing the Angel is the eleventh studio album by English electronic music band Depeche Mode. It was released on 13 October 2005 in Japan, on 17 October in the United Kingdom by Mute Records, and on 18 October in the United States, Mexico and Canada by Sire Records and Reprise Records. It was supported by the Touring the Angel tour. Playing the Angel is the first Depeche Mode album to feature lead singer Dave Gahan as co-writer.
This October, Depeche Mode release their first album since 2001's two million-selling Exciter. I really felt, before we started this album, that there was unfinished business," says Dave Gahan of their 11th studio album, Playing The Angel. Playing The Angel is faster-paced than the last two Mode albums, heightening the sense of urgency and vibrancy. Ben's fondness for analogue synths over digital ones helped shape the sound.
Формируйте собственную коллекцию записей Depeche Mode. Depeche Mode's 11th studio album. Includes the singles: Precious A Pain That I'm Used To Suffer Well John The Revalator, Lilian.
Released October 13, 2005. Playing The Angel Tracklist. 1. A Pain That I'm Used To Lyrics. 2. John The Revelator Lyrics. The eleventh studio record by Depeche Mode, released in October of 2005, sees them continuing down the path of heavy electro-pop mixed with sky-high choruses and infectious melodies. Lead single Precious is the perfect example of how DM have matured in sound without losing their signature traits.
Band Name Depeche Mode. Album Name Playing the Angel. Released date 17 October 2005. Members owning this album64. CD. A Pain that I'm Used to. John the Revelator. 4. The Sinner in Me. 5. Precious.
The best Depeche Mode album since 'Songs of Faith and Devotion'. It's as if Depeche Mode wanted to make a statement with 'Playing the Angel', after the disappointment of 2001's 'Exciter'. Exciter' was soft and mellow but that's not Depeche. So it comes as a much welcomed sonic surprise as the first track opens with ear-shattering siren blasts for the first 20 seconds of 'A Pain That I'm Used To'.
Playing The Angel · Original released in 2005. EU · UK · USA · Argentina · Australia · Brazil · Bulgaria · Canada · Chile · Colombia · Germany · Greece · Indonesia · Israel · Italy · Japan · Malaysia · Mexico · Philippines · Russia · South Africa · South-Korea · Thailand · Turkey · Taiwan · Ukraine. Playing The Angel · DVD-R · Released in 2005 Mute - EMI · No Cat · 3 tracks.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||A Pain That I'm Used To||4:11|
|2||John The Revelator||3:43|
|4||The Sinner In Me||4:56|
|7||I Want It All||6:09|
|12||The Darkest Star
Piano – Dave McCracken
- Licensed To – Mute Records Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Venusnote Limited
- Copyright (c) – Venusnote Limited
- Manufactured By – EMI Music Group Australasia
- Distributed By – EMI Music Group Australasia
- Pressed By – SM – 6109104025
- Engineer – Ben Hillier, Richard Morris
- Mastered By – Emily Lazar
- Mastered By [Assistant] – Sarah Register
- Mixed By – Ben Hillier, Steve Fitzmaurice
- Producer – Ben Hillier
- Programmed By – Dave McCracken, Richard Morris
- Programmed By [Original Programming] – Andrew Phillpott (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Christian Eigner (tracks: 3, 7, 8)
- Recorded By [Assistant] – Arjun Argerwala*, Nick Sevilla, Rudyard Lee Cullers
- Recorded By, Mixed By [Assistant] – Devin Workman, Kt Rangnick
- Written-By – Phillpott* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Eigner* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Gahan* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), Martin L. Gore (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 6, 9 to 12)
NotesThe booklet mistakenly credits Dave McCracken as the piano player in "I Want It All". However, there is no piano in "I Want It All". He really should be credited for the piano in "The Darkest Star."
℗ 2005 Venusnote Limited © 2005 Venusnote Limited under exclusive license to Mute Records Limited. Printed in Australia
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 094634057523
- Matrix / Runout: 3405752 [SM logo] 6109104025
- Mastering SID Code: ifpi LR11
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 2661
- Label Code: LC 5834
|cdstumm260, 0094634057707||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||cdstumm260, 0094634057707||UK||2005|
|lcdstumm260, 0094634243025||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (SACD, Hybrid, Multichannel, Album + DVD-V, Multich)||Mute, Mute||lcdstumm260, 0094634243025||Europe||2005|
|094634522922||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album, Copy Prot. + DVD-V, Multichannel, PAL)||Mute||094634522922||Argentina||2005|
|88985336991||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (2xLP, Album, RE)||Sony Music, Mute||88985336991||Europe||2017|
|int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Depeche Mode||Playing The Angel (CD, Album, Copy Prot.)||Mute, Mute||int.cdstumm260, 0094634057523||Europe||2005|