Recorded at the Rainbow Theatre, London, Saturday, 5th May, 1973. All compositions published by Radmus Publishing Inc. (ASCAP) (p) 1973 RDM Records Made in Canada. Rights Society: ASCAP. Matrix, Runout (Label Side A): SAS 7408-A. Matrix, Runout (Label Side B): SAS 7408-B. Matrix, Runout (Runout Etched Side A): SAS-7408-A-2 G M.
Live At The Rainbow is a music live recording by FOCUS (Symphonic Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1973 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. Another one of those Focus album that came with different sleeve depending on which side of the great pond you lived on. This is a very controversial album, some calling it useless but it is not that bad but most constuctive criticism is absolutely true. One of the things I always regretted is that Focus always stretched out whatever few good ideas they had, and it is quite evident if you see them live.
Focus III. Answers? Questions! Questions? Answers! Focus II. Eruption (excerpts). Hocus Pocus (reprise). Musicians: Thijs van Leer – keyboards, flute, vocals. Jan Akkerman – guitar. Bert Ruiter – bass guitar. Pierre van der Linden – drums. MusicBrainz: Live at the Rainbow.
This live version is multiple times faster than its studio counterpart - those familiar with only the studio version are certainly in for a shock! Throughout the album the performance is simply astonishing. Live at the Rainbow is a fine purchase for any Focus fan, or, indeed, anyone looking for a band with a good degree of originality and musical ability.
Focus: "At The Rainbow" (Bonus DVDR) Live At Rainbow Theatre, London, UK - May 05th 1973 Thijs Van Leer：Organ,Flute & Vocals Jan Akkerman：Guitar Bert. Focus - Live BBC 1972. This show is different from the album I used the picture from, as far as I can tell it's a show from around the same time that was released later on in 2004 I think.
LIVE AT THE RAINBOW features a live performance by Focus, the Dutch progressive rock band who scored a pop hit in 1971 with "Hocus Pocus," performed twice on this album. The instrumental rockers of the early '70s never were any good at dulling down their musical expertise; and, indeed, it's only a matter of seconds into their first and only live release - Live at the Rainbow - until one realizes just how talented Focus were. Throughout the album the performance is simply astonishing.
Classic Album: Night at The Opera. 2011 marked the 40th anniversary of the album’s release and this program goes into detail of how the album came about, its recording and what was happening to the band at the time. The story is told through interviews with Ray Manzarek, Robbie Krieger and John Densmore plus contributions from Jac Holzman, founder of their label Elektra Records, Bill Siddons, who was their manager, Bruce Botnick, engineer and co-producer of the album and others associated with The Doors at this time.
|A2||Answers? Questions! Questions? Answers!||11:37|
|B4||Hocus Pocus (Reprise)||2:49|
- Recorded At – Rainbow Theatre London
- Manufactured By – Polydor Ltd.
- Distributed By – Polydor Ltd.
- Produced For – RTM Records
- Recorded By – Pye Mobile Recording Unit
- Mixed At – Air Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RTM Records
- Published By – Radmus Publishing, Inc.
- Design – AGI , Peter Corriston
- Drums – Pierre Van Der Linden
- Engineer [Mix-down Assistant] – Gareth Edwards
- Engineer [Mix-down] – John Punter
- Engineer [Mobile Unit] – Phil Dunne
- Guitar – Jan Akkerman
- Photography By – Marshall Fallwell, Jr.*
- Producer, Mixed By [Mix-down] – Mike Vernon
- Vocals, Bass Guitar – Bert Ruiter
- Vocals, Organ, Flute – Thijs Van Leer
- Written-By – Bert Ruiter (tracks: A2), Jan Akkerman (tracks: A2, B2, B4), Thijs Van Leer (tracks: A1, A3, B1i-B1v, B1vii, B2-B4), T. Barlache* (tracks: B1vi)
NotesRecorded at the Rainbow Theatre, London, Saturday, 5th May, 1973.
All compositions published by Radmus Publishing Inc. (ASCAP)
(p) 1973 RDM Records
Made in Canada
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): SAS 7408-A
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): SAS 7408-B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etched Side A): SAS-7408-A-2 G M
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etched Side B): SAS-7408-B-2 G M
|5C 054-24939, 5C 054-24 939||Focus||At The Rainbow (LP, Album, Gat)||Imperial , Imperial||5C 054-24939, 5C 054-24 939||Netherlands||1973|
|SAS-7408||Focus||Live At The Rainbow (LP, Album, Promo)||Sire||SAS-7408||US||1973|
|SAS-7408||Focus||Live At The Rainbow (LP, Album)||Sire||SAS-7408||US||1973|
|SHLP-9533||Focus||At The Rainbow (LP, Album, RE)||Harvest||SHLP-9533||Venezuela||1980|
|5N 24939||Focus||At The Rainbow (LP, Album, RE)||Bovema Negram||5N 24939||Netherlands||Unknown|