Carter Benedict Burwell (born November 18, 1954) is an American composer of film scores. He has frequently collaborated with the Coen brothers, having scored 15 of their films. Burwell has also scored three of Todd Haynes' films and all the films of director Martin McDonagh. He has received Oscar nominations for Best Original Score for Haynes' Carol (2015) and McDonagh's Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017).
Veteran Carter Burwell turns in a brooding orchestral score that finely underplays the histrionics with subtlety and emotional weight. But it's Greg Hale Jones's ingenious digital reworking of half-century-old Library of Congress remote record This John Travolta-starring military-themed thriller hardly distinguished itself with critics, who almost universally lambasted its overwrought ambience and painfully obvious plot points; a whodunit that begged the question "why'd ya make it"? But even the most turgid Hollywood fare can have its delightful musical surprises, and.
6). THE GENERAL'S DAUGHTER - exercise in darkness - YouTube. com/watch?v AaHCB1cZKhk. Feb 01, 2013 · the 5th track from the 1999 carter burwell soundtrack album THE GENERAL'S DAUGHTER. Author: GERALD S TADEO.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 2 (Original Motion Picture Score). True Grit (Soundtrack from the Motion Picture). Burn After Reading (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). Twilight - Interpretations for Piano and Violin. See All. The Fountain (Music from the Motion Picture).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Greg Hale Jones||She Began To Lie
Vocals – Christeen Shipp, Katherine Shipp
|2||–Greg Hale Jones||Mighty Good Road
Performer – Kelly Pace
|3||–Greg Hale Jones||Rachel Rocket
Performer – Charlie Sims, Wash Dennis
|4||–Greg Hale Jones||Gonna Rise And Fly
Performer – "22" And Group*
|5||–Carter Burwell||Exercise In Darkness||4:28|
|6||–Carter Burwell||Epiphytic Shuffle||1:32|
|7||–Carter Burwell||The Body||3:17|
|8||–Carter Burwell||West Point||1:03|
|9||–Carter Burwell||The General's Story||2:47|
|12||–Carter Burwell||The Tape?||0:42|
|13||–Carter Burwell||The Conspiracy||2:21|
|14||–Carter Burwell||Kent's Story||2:15|
|15||–Carter Burwell||The Hurt Locker||1:21|
|16||–Carter Burwell||Out Of Her Misery||2:40|
|17||–Carter Burwell||The General's End||2:07|
|18||–CSR Symphony Orchestra* And Slovak Philharmonic Chorus||O Fortuna (From "Carmina Burana")
Conductor – Stephen GunzenhauserWritten-By – Carl Orff
|19||–Ray Colcord||All Through The Night
Performer, Producer – Ray Colcord
|20||–Greg Hale Jones And Russell Ziecker||She Began To Lie (Re-mix)
Producer, Remix – Greg Hale Jones, Russell ZieckerVocals – Christeen Shipp, Katherine Shipp
- Published By – Famous Music Corporation
- Recorded At – Paramount Recording Studios [Stage M]
- Mastered At – Oceanview Digital Mastering
- Copyright (c) – Paramount Pictures
- Copyright (c) – Milan Entertainment, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Paramount Pictures
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rounder Records Corp.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Golden Section Records SF
- Distributed By – BMG
- Pressed By – Sonopress – A-11173
- A&R [Director] – Russell Ziecker
- Art Direction – Ross Patrick
- Composed By – Carter Burwell (tracks: 5 to 17)
- Contractor [Orchestra] – Sandy de Crescent
- Copyist [Music Preparation] – Bob Bornstein
- Editor [Music Editors] – Adam Smalley, Barbara McDermott, Jim Henrikson
- Engineer [Assistant Scoring] – Dominic Gonzales, Norm Dlugatch, Paul Wertheimer
- Executive-Producer [Milan Executive Album Producers] – Emmanuel Chamboredon, Russell Ziecker, Toby Pieniek
- Liner Notes – Simon West
- Mastered By – Joe Gastwirt, Ramón Bretón
- Orchestrated By [Original Music], Conductor [Original Music] – Sonny Kompanek
- Producer [Original Music] – Carter Burwell
- Producer, Composed By – Greg Hale Jones (tracks: 1 to 4, 20)
- Recorded By [Original Music] – Michael Farrow
- Supervised By [Package] – Jodi Tack
NotesTotal Playing Time: 0:49:58
Track 1 contains excerpts of "Sea Lion Woman" performed by Christeen and Katherine Shipp.
Track 2 contains excerpts of "Rock Island Line" performed by and credited to "Kelly Pace And Group".
Track 3 contains excerpts of "Lend Me To The Rock" performed by Dennis Wash and Charlie Sims.
Track 4 contains excerpts of "Early In The Morning" performed by and credited to "22 And Group".
Track 17 contains "Amazing Grace" (traditional) written by John Newton.
Track 20 not contained in the motion picture.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 7 4321 69474 2 3
- Barcode (Scanned): 743216947423
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
- Label Code: LC 08126
- Matrix / Runout: Sonopress A-11173/4321694742 C
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0736
|73138 35885-2||Carter Burwell||The General's Daughter (Music From The Motion Picture) (CD, Album)||Milan||73138 35885-2||US||1999|